Saturday, May 17, 2014

Allrecipes Spinach Enchiladas

I love trying new food. New recipes. I don't know if it's because i grew up in California or what reason, but I love Mexican food. Or, what we in the US like to call Mexican. Enchiladas would top that list of favorite dishes.
I came across this dish on Allrecipes. Looked a bit more healthy than the typical cheese or meat style enchiladas i'm used to. And it's super easy to put together. Total cook time is max 45 minutes,

What I'd Change: Okay, it was slightly on the bland side. Ever so. I think I'd switch from white to yellow corn tortillas to up the flavor.profile. And maybe add some spice to the mix. Chili powder, red pepper flakes, hot sauce, or even cumin. Especially cumin if I were to switch to a verde or white enchilada sauce. And maybe, some queso blanca or queso fresca.

Make It Again?: Heck yes. For a quick and easy meal, this is a definite try-again. If you halved the recipe, you could probably cook it in a toaster oven. I'm surmising here as I've not the means to test the theory at the moment.


Recipe Link

No comments:

Post a Comment